View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
colagirl
getting there

I hear you on the vacation thing. I hate that our society has become a place where you can't actually take a vacation without killing yourself over it before and after. I have had to accept it because I'm a manager now and so work never really "stops", but I do make sure that I fully enjoy my time off while it's happening so at least I have that.

I'm taking about a week and a half off at the end of September/beginning of October. I haven't decided what to do yet - I would love to take a trip but I don't want to be too far in case something happens with my mom. I might go see a friend in Seattle, or I might just go to the beach or back to Central Oregon for a few days if the weather is still good. Otherwise I will just enjoy some time around the house and maybe get a few projects done. Either way, I hoping it's more relaxing than my last "vacation", which was just dealing with my mom almost dying, being in the hospital, and then getting situated back at home. That was not very fun.

I'm excited about the vivitrol! Are you feeling okay about it now? I totally get the whole "don't want it to not be an option", but for us alchies, I think we just have to keep doing things until something works. I'm actually thinking about trying to get a prescription for it so I can do it immediately when my mom gets sick again, because that scenario scares me to death.