View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

I gave in and went home. What can I say other than I missed my children. I wasn't able to speak with my daughter, and I wanted to make sure she was OK. Also, I was hurting from withdrawal from one of the various substances I had been on over the prior weeks. Last night was pretty rough. They came in and cleaned the room early for some reason and when I returned it took me a good 5 minutes to convince myself that I wasn't in the wrong room. I wasn't going to be able to make it out to California and back. It was tough getting back as it was. I have been good on the no using / drinking front, but I am still really down. It doesn't seem like it really matters if I can't get some semblance of normalcy at home.

Anyway, I am home. Things are surprisingly in order here. There is still a lot to do and I am coming into this expecting nothing to change. It is probably going to end up being war of the roses times ten. My wife has her therapist meeting tomorrow and I am going to go to it as well. I'm sure I'll get tarred and feathered, but I will at least give the therapist the opportunity to hear my side of things.

Also, I didn't want to skip out on my doctor appointment this week. It would take forever to reschedule it, and I have to at least give it a chance.