View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

Eyes - good to hear from you, and good to hear that you are still hanging in there.

I just got to a hotel in Chicago. It is really pretty here today. Much nicer than what I remembered in past visits. Also, I like to think of myself as low maintenance, but the motel in South Bend gets a half star in my book. They have me a discount because I wasn't a Michigan fan so I guess I had that going for me.

I told the wife that I wanted a divorce and offered her everything - house, cars, money, etc. in return for me getting the children. I told her I would rather CPS get the children than her get them. She refused and claims that she understands now. The fact of the matter is that nothing will change with her. I guess I knew that for a long time now, but I still held out some hope that she would change. She wouldn't even get out of bed to let the nanny in this morning. That is the level of laziness that she has grown accustomed to. If there ever was such a thing as 'enabling' then I am the guilty party there. Money was her DOC.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a post-nup agreement? The only way I would go back would be if exact parameters were put down in writing. I know she would never be able to live up to it, and maybe I could get leverage with that in a court. Things like 'I agree to get out of bed before noon for five days out of the week.' Maybe it would help for a custody hearing if they could see that she couldn't meet even the most bare minimum of standards. The funny thing is that now that I am away and she HAS to get her ass out of bed all these belly aches magically went away. Other than the nanny BS she has actually been out of bed doing something.

I told her that I want to speak with my daughter today. She could have told her that I was going on a business trip, but she is trying to use my daughter right now to make me feel guilty for refusing to put up with her BS. I mean come on. She is a 'stay at home mom', and you would have thought that I left for 2 months instead of two days to listen to her whine. How can someone not take care of their children for two days without it being overwhelming?