View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lizatola

So, now I have to laugh. So, he fought me on spending money on fixing up the pool so that I could possibly sell this house faster when it comes time, right? Today we were talking amiably about a cleaning product and the hard water staining we have on our fixtures and he says, "I think that's why we should go with the soft water loop and have that installed soon." Again.....ummm, was he not just fighting me on spending money on this house 3 days ago and now he wants to spend $1000 on a water softening system? Talk about spinning in circles.

FYI: I worked it out with the pool guy where he will just fix my tile, fix the pebble tec cracks and repaint my deck to a mono-chromatic color instead of completing resurfacing the pool. That should cut my costs considerably!! If AH hadn't painted the deck himself in 3 hideous colors (it's a stamped concrete) last year and did the job poorly, I wouldn't have had to think about fixing it, LOL!

I'm getting ready to start painting the baseboards in the kitchen and baths this weekend. Weird, but AH and I are getting along beautifully now, which I'm trying really hard to NOT try to pick it apart and make something of it. I know he's still sick and that things could turn on a dime.