View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Yep

We pick Joints due to Food that sounds good at the time. Thai. Wings. Italian. Burgers. Food Specials. Virtually all serve Alcohol.

We ducked into a new Brewpub the other week, and I exercised my infrequent option of sitting with my Back to the Bar. Only because our Table was so close to it. The Rows of Bottles can be a PITA distraction; not unlike some thumping Car Stereo. Usually, this doesn't matter. I won't go to Bars to Drink; only to eat, or eat with Friends. I don't stay around for 'one more Round'. Bore_eeeeng. Same if I'm at Home Dinners with Friends. Da Wife knows I'm outta there. That's our compromise. We go, but I set our Timetable [in advance] and avoid awkward departures. That's just the way it is...

Friends we're with on any given Evening at Bars to eat likely will be drinking. America drinks. The smells and activity don't affect me because I flipped off that Mental Switch, so to speak. I'm not 'White Knuckling' or chancing anything. I'm hitting Sobriety every bit as hard as I hit Drinking over >4 Decades.

I played in Bar Bands, and perhaps ODed on Bar environments. They're just another potential fear that I've stared down and vanquished. I don't live in fear.

-----------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg