Old 09-04-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FireSprite

This is 6 weeks in? I know what I would do.

RUN. Far. Fast. Immediately. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Do not accept any further contact or attempts to contact via 3rd party other than an attorney. Seriously. He is in NO WAY showing any true signs of wanting sobriety or recovery of any sort & this is a progressive action so right now you are getting the VERY BEST it will ever be until he makes those decisions on his own.

Any man that can continue to text his exes & coherently manipulate you this way is FULLY CAPABLE of finding his own way to sobriety. You cannot love him sober, no matter how hard you want to.

I'm so sorry you find yourself in this position, but it sounds like you went in eyes wide open to some extent so I thought you deserved the straight truth. I would cut ALL ties as soon as possible, seriously.

ETA - and definitely, definitely take some time to read through the stickies at the top of this forum. I think you could really benefit from Al-Anon or another type of group organization or individual therapy or whatever fits for you. You have a LOT of what we all identify with as "red flags" that point to codependency issues, IMO & some kind of therapy is likely to help you tremendously during this period of time.