SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Effed Up Royally
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
OpioPhobe

This morning has been rougher than yesterday so far. Still at 0.5mg Xanax and 1 amp in the AM. Sleep wasn't too bad early in the night, but I definitely felt rough when I woke up. I had a nefarious, nervous energy when getting up. My morning cigarette blunted it somewhat, but it wasn't just the nicotine. The best way I could describe it is the nervous restlessness when trying to go to sleep while dopesick (albeit in a mild form).

Last night at dinner my wife offered me wine a few times. At first the offer was for a glass of wine, which I refused. Then the offer was for me to just taste it, which I also refused. So, on the alcohol front things have been going well.

Thinking back on yesterday, one thing that I am puzzled by is why I didn't have a massive hangover. I'm not complaining, but it just seems strange.

Mama - I can't even imagine giving a 9 year old one of those medications. Was it for ADD? I always find it a little ironic when people describe children with ADD performing better academically with meds. Well, no ****! Little Johnny is hopped up on amphetamines all day.

YoungTom - You are right on about coming off of the SSRIs. I watched the wifey go through that, and it looked incredibly terrible.

I actually took the Wellbutrin specifically because it is a DNRI rather than an SSRI. My, clearly faulty, rationale was that it would help offset the amp withdrawal better than an SSRI. I am going to ask the doctor what he thinks happened. He is probably going to find me annoying for asking esoteric questions like that.
OpioPhobe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OpioPhobe For This Useful Post:
Ashamedof (09-05-2014), cleaninLI (09-03-2014), Lovenjoy (09-05-2014)