View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
downtown3

Originally Posted by studog1901 View Post
So funny you mention the gym. I run on a treadmill I have here.,. but still what determines that is my cravings on my way home from work. :-(
This was always my stumbling block as well. My friends lived in a city 40 min from me, I always drank when there 100% without fail. I would be weeks sober and tell myself that i was going to go visit and not drink and about half way through the drive there i was already thinking about drinking. A turn right before their house had a liquor store on it - my car would seemingly control itself and i would pull in, sit in the car for 5 min and finally go in to buy.

I just eventually stopped going down to stay sober. I am now 11 months without and was down there a week ago and no cravings or trigger effects.

I would take a different route home to fool your brain or go to the gym after work anything but what you are currently doing. How about car pooling with someone so you cant stop at the booze store without asking them which would get pretty embarrassing after a while.

I too was an after work drinker but eventually lost my job and became a full time one. Its just not worth it. All the best!!