Old 09-03-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Coffeeandbooks

Unhappy how do I get my constantly drunk sister out of my house?

Found my way back here this morning after being awakened at 5:30 by my extremely drunk sister dropping things and talking loudly on the phone.
I don't even know where to start. I have given my life, resources, time and space away for so long there is barely a me left. I actually googled "how to get my alcoholic sister out of my house" and it led me to a post here. Which was excellent, since I lost this link and couldn't remember how to get back here!
Going to find an Alanon today, must have support and someone to help me have guts to make her go after 8 years. It's so unmanageable. When she's not working, she starts drinking straight vodka all day and night. I've let her stay because she does work and pay rent (after we forced her to ) and I needed the money as I quit my job 2 1/2 years ago to take care of my granddaughter full time after my daughters unexpected pregnancy and single motherhood. She turned 3 yesterday, is figuring out something is not quite right with Aunt B, and I just don't want to have my sister here anymore. I've given ultimatums and find it almost impossible to carry through. Parents and brother deceased, I'm all sister has left.
I'm a card carrying codependant and although I'm aware of this tendency I find the pull to rescue and save irresistible. I'm pulled on and drained from so many directions it's ridiculous. I see I created this mess, but have no strength left to disengage from the drama, I've slipped into victim mode where I don't want to stay but I feel paralyzed.
How do you get someone out of your home when they have no car and nowhere to go but they have a job? I feel like making her go will result in her being homeless and dead like it did my brother after I forced him to leave my father's home for stealing to support his habit.
She adds nothing to my life but stress. But I don't know how to make this happen without being swallowed alive with guilt. There's so much more but this is a start. Please help, I'm feeling like the only way out is when I keel over dead from the stress...
Thoughts?