View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

Dee - I agree completely. My appointment with a new doctor is still in place and it is a little over a week away now. I'll discuss the matter with him in detail to see what advice he has. Coincidentally, my wife went to her therapist today, and told her about what happened. Her therapist's reaction was basically that I pulled a stupid stunt and that she wasn't surprised at my response to the meds. The whole thing was pretty stupid (actually it was really stupid) in hindsight, and I shouldn't impulsively say that I would never try ADs at some point. I will say that I have a new found respect for those types of meds though, and this experience will weigh on my future decisions.

If anything positive came out of this it is that I do have a better understanding for some of my wife's behaviors over the past couple years. A lot of the aggressive, irrational behavior that I exhibited was similar to what I had seen with her. She was on the same medication at the time so I feel guilty that I didn't take her complaints seriously.

Also, I don't want to come across as trying to slyly focus the conversation on the Wellbutrin, while glossing over the fact that I was sniffing all the amps prior to taking it. It's not like the Wellbutrin sent me into a time warp. The title to my thread is right on and I am not trying to blame all of this on the Wellbutrin.

Anyway, I know that there is still a lot of work ahead of me with ADs or without ADs, with meetings or without meetings, etc.