View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
Glad to hear that you have gotten to a place of resolution about your marriage. The continual push-pull that you've been in must be very straining and stressful.

Now the trick is not to get into the same pattern over the divorce negotiations. From my experience, I'd say turn the negotiations over to the attorneys and let them, as rational people paid to get to an outcome, handle it rather than you dealing with an alcoholic changeable husband.

What does your son want in terms of his last two years of school? As a sophomore in high school now, he should have the major say in what he wants on this front.

ShootingStar1
I already know my son wants to continue to be homeschooled. He'll be 16 in November. I've been told by a friend who is newly divorced and who did so amicably with her X that when kids reach 16, here in AZ they can pretty much decide which parent they want to be with and how much time they want to spend with them, etc. Her 16 year old chose to leave her and go live with dad in Utah, but her 18 year old stayed here with her. She said they did everything with a mediator outside of the court system.

Of course, I doubt my proceedings will be anything but amicable even though that's what he claims to want. I know he just wants to have his cake and eat it too and he wants a woman who will put up with his drinking yet still support him no matter what. Actually, if I read between the lines, that's pretty much what he said to me. I'm still laughing in my head about how adamant he was that he won't get another DUI ever again. Wow, just wow!