Thread: Hello Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
colsta

Hello Newbie

Hey all,
Just joined today, and have decided today, that last night was my last night drinking.
I am a binge drinking alcoholic.
Last night I downed a bottle of wine and would have drunk more if I had it.
Drank it in about 45 mins. And like I said would have drunk more If I had it. Also there was the problem that my wife is still a little pissed from Friday night, when I had 6 bottles of cider, and a bottle of wine, was up until 4 am netflixing breaking bad, so was not at all with it Saturday morning for our daughters Water Polo game.
This after the Weds previous where I was up until 2.30 am and downed 2 bottles of wine slept on the couch.
So there is a problem here and I need to kick the booze.
I come from UK where I think we have a different relationship with alcohol where as it is more acceptable to go out and get pissed from an early age maybe. I have been drinking since I was 18 with regularity. I come from a Catholic Irish Family, my dad died from drinking, so it was pretty much in line for me to get a dose of this problem.
Anywhoo I need to kick it I have tried before and failed, so I thought I would join this support network and see if it makes a difference. I hope it does, I am know there are a lot of you out there are wiser than me about this process so it will be good to have somewhere to come to for help.
The good news is I don't drink every day of even want to, but I do 2-3 times a week. And there have been times in the past where I drank more often than that.
So hello everyone any advice welcome and wish me luck.

Good luck to everyone else on the same path.