View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

There isn't anyone that can watch them. My wife's obnoxious attitude has literally run off every friend that I had. Some of those friendships took decades to cultivate and she destroyed them in minutes with her overbearing, entitled attitude. My wife's mother is a basket case who tried to commit suicide when she was very young. There is no way that my kids are staying with her. My parents are a long way away, and I will never confess my sins to my parents - that will NEVER happen.

As of this moment, my wife has been taking some responsibility with them and doing a good job. However, there is no way in hell I would trust her to take care of them for 30 days or so.

To be perfectly candid, the only reason I would go to rehab would be to get away for a while. I literally worked an average of 90 hours / week for all of my 20s and never took any time for myself. My vacations were spent taking care of my wife during surgeries. It was a really ******* stressful existence.

Even though I am struggling right now I don't have any life threatening withdrawal issues staring me in the face. I'll be fine.

To be honest, I think every parent should write a note to their children. Not a 'suicide' note per se, but it's not like we are immortal. I could be walking down the street tomorrow and get run over by a bus. There are things that I would like my children to hear directly from me, in my own words, about my love for them. I don't want it to be filtered by someone else.