View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SoberComposer

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
I suppose iam going to die, and I welcome death! Iam that sick off this ****!!!!
Hi Lionhearted1: this is where alcohol takes us when we live with it.. all of us.

I forget who said this here.. but someone said they quit when they wanted to not drink more then they wanted to drink. This is a long processes but the entire journey is rewarding. It's really about building a relationship with ourselves. It begin's painful as we face the things we've done but we forgive ourselves and as the weeks pass we define ourselves by our actions to overcome a devastating force in our lives. It feel's amazing to decide to quit and be on day 30 now! I am at the start of my journey as-well but know alcohol is out of my life.

I try not to give advise but I am compelled to mention that being nice to people makes us feel good about ourselves. Feeling good completely reinforces our own confidence and respect for ourselves. I feel a big part of sobriety is finally respecting ourselves and others. There is nothing to run away from then and life can be happily embarrassed within solid constructs of our own choosing!

Most things that bring excitement in the physical appear to be peripheral to happiness. When our central human emotional requirements are not met then a deep hunger ignites. For me, I find happiness in knowing that I do not bring suffering to myself or others anymore. I feel better and can slowly see that one day I will have meaningful places in others lives of my choosing. Maybe the secret is more about cultivating a relationship with ourselves and the world around us and less about not touching alcohol.

The short answer is simple though.. stop drinking and consider seeking medical assistance if your currently drinking a huge amount daily. You can absolutely do this and you certainly deserve this, as we all do! Consider keeping a journal of your daily activities and how you felt. This helps us see how are daily decisions make us feel.

Much love and respect