View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
If he stopped going to meetings because he didn't get the reaction he wanted out of you, then it was just a matter of time before he stopped going anyway.

I'm saying that from experience. My ex is a skillful manipulator and made everyone in his rehab clinic think he was a model addict-in-recovery. Until he understood that there was absolutely nothing he could do, ever, to make me come back. Then he started drinking again.

I refuse to take responsibility for that. I'm glad you're realizing that his recovery is his own, and that yours is your responsibility.
Well the only reason I said that was because, in his amends, he said this, "I did what you told me to do. I got a therapist, I'm going to AA, and I now know why you asked me to do that." He went on to then say that I really only asked him to do it and that the decision had to be his but initially I got the feeling that he was saying; ok, I did what you wanted so now can we have sex? Right after that, he brought up my hormonal issues from a few years ago and how he took my physical problem personally and that his selfish alcoholism only allowed him to see how my pituitary problem was affecting his sex life and that he was sorry for not being more caring.

I kinda thought the stingray incident was more important, in my own mind, LOL, since he was still getting sex twice a week despite my hormonal imbalances, ugh. For those who don't know; I got stung by a sting ray while on vacation and had a large puncture wound along with pain comparable to childbirth. He fought me on taking me to the hospital despite the urgency from the lifeguards. He didn't want to spend the money. Guess I still have some resentment to work on over this one...sigh!