View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Ananda

CG

I realize smoking is an addiction and causes great physical harm (with ciggeretes) .... the main physical part has to do with additives that the e-cigs don't have (as far as I can tell).

I really don't agree that this is "relapse" behavior as far as drinking is concerned. But I do agree it is addiction. I know people have told me I'd smoke a cigerrete before I would pick up a drink. I don't know it is confusing ... but lots of "advice" is not to try to quit smoking in the first year...

I have personally found the "hiding behavior" (friends who don't smoke in front of their kids so the kids won't know) is much more likely to effect the addictive thinking that can lead to drinking and trying to hide it, but that is just my personal opinion.

OK ... I fell at work yesterday! Our custodial person is trying to be so good about moping the floors in the hall that he does it several times a day ... usually once in the morning and once in the afternoon during "business hours". Now we have custodial people working at 5 am and till 11 pm! But we end up with wet floors twice a day on the main hallway. I went to the bathroom and there actually wasn't even a sign (although I still would have had to walk the hall to get to my office). I'm not that hurt, but it turned in to a big deal ..... I was bleeding all over my jacket and didn't realize it ... (mom says that when you fall and hurt yourself the pain sometimes is delayed ... something about your body's reaction to trama". When I walked in the office my employee freaked (LOL). She called facilities and went off about it ... cause we have known this is a problem for about a month ... the moping during 8-5 time period. Well ... once that happened I had to do an accident report (paper trail necessity since a complaint was made to document the fall). That was a 30 minute new task that I didn't have time for! The injury is not even something requiring a doctor appointment! It was a small cut on my elbow ... no big deal ... just bled a lot.

Anyhow ... It did hurt more later ... have a large "lump" on my elbow and touching it hurts .... can't believe how many times my elbow touches something (LOL). No stitches required, definitely nothing broken ... just a pain in the elbow

AW ... it's 5 am and I need to leave for work by 6!

So I'm fine ... I'm really not a wooze about pain as long as it doesn't last days and days And clearly no real serious damage done.

Talk to you all soon