View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
colagirl
getting there

OK, I did a little google research, and I *think* it's called Nada, on 6th and Walnut. Really cool interior and GREAT food.

I keep looking at the e-cigarettes and thinking "those are so expensive and I'm going to quit anyway, so it isn't worth it". In the meantime, spending a fortune to buy a pack of cigarettes every day, only smoking about five or ten of them, and then destroying the rest because "I'm not going to smoke anymore", then buying another pack the next day and doing the same thing all over again. I am so financially wise!

I read Allen Carr's book about the easy way to quit smoking, since I think it is mostly psychological for me at this point, and he pointed out that the nicotine withdrawal is actually really mild and only lasts about 3 days. Ugh. I don't know. I told my good friend today about my smoking (I've been hiding it from her), and I think it was a good move. She is one of those people who make me want to be a better person, so just having her know and support me in quitting is actually a lot of motivation. I HATED telling her, though.

Saw my counselor today and it was kind of a rough session. She wants to start looking at my smoking as a relapse, and I don't disagree. It's weird, I started when my mom was in the hospital and that was my reasoning, but I remember a few times in the weeks before that thinking about trying it out again, and justifying that I would have awhile to smoke before the damage really set in. There was even a time when my friend (who is also a coworker) told me that one of my employees sometimes smokes when they go get coffee, and the thought crossed my mind "maybe I could bum a cigarette off of him". The more I think about it, the more it feels like I was planning a relapse of some sort. Cigarettes are bad enough, but I am sure glad it wasn't alcohol.