View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Babs78756

Good Morning Moms!

Checking in. All is good here. Busy but good. My husband is gone on his longest work trip since the baby AND since I've been sober -9 days. I've been a little bit nervous, mostly because he's gone over the long Labor Day weekend. I get mili-second thoughts about getting booze and immediately think of what will happen. Then, I also think about 'having the girls over for wine would be easy enough...' It's these strange phantom thoughts, like an amputee and phantom pangs from a lost limb.

Thankfully, my mom has made a last minute trip and will be arriving on Friday evening. No matter how old I get, my first call is always to my mom. I'm so thankful she can come. There are a handful of people that bring ease with their presence and my mom is one of them. I can't wait and I know husband is relived too.

So, we're on day 2 of 9 days....

I went to see my Dr. last week and turns out I'm 15 lbs less than the last time I weighed in before pregnancy. I'm certain its 15lbs of booze weight because my diet hasn't been great (see: blueberry muffin weakness). It's amazing to me that drinking resulted in 15 lbs of puffy booze weight. I've decided to take my IUD out in December and go for baby #2.

See my therapist tomorrow. Thinking it might be time to go in with husband and get some old but regular issues sorted.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great. Has been quiet here. Big hugs to everyone.

Oh, my 7 months sober was yesterday. Was thinking maybe I'd go to a meeting and get a chip. I only have chips that belong to a friend. He gave them to me when I first started trying to get sober and I carry them in my wallet.... thought maybe its time to go pick one up that I earned. Do you all have chips?