View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
colagirl
getting there

I think the vivitrol is a really good idea for you, nands. My counselor has recommended that to me a few times when I've been worried about cravings. I've never felt the need to go on it, but I sure would consider it if I ever found myself struggling for long periods of time.

I'm so excited about your trip to Cincinnati! That sounds totally fun. There is a really good Mexican place near their downtown square, I will try to see if I can find the name of it for you. It was one of the best Mexican meals I ever ate.

I like "help is the sunny side of control". That's a really interesting concept, since with my friend who I'm supporting, I often have a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach that I've "done too much", and I just recently pinpointed that it's when I feel like I'm being too directive instead of letting her walk her own path. I've been reading a book about how to support people in her situation, and I think what I need to do is get better about more listening and supporting and less talking and advice-giving. I think my perspective is helpful to her sometimes, but other times I might be trying to give her too many answers. I have to say, this might be the hardest thing I've ever done; but I really believe helping her is the right thing to do and it's worth it to me despite everyone else in my life telling me I'm crazy to do it. My best friend and I are totally at odds about it, and it's frustrating not to have her support, but there's nothing I can do about the way she feels.

OK people - I need you to help me with something. I am going to quit smoking as of tomorrow! I have said this a million times and usually make it to about 18 hours and then give in, not even really for any reason I can determine. So I need you to remind me that I'm quitting and hassle me about it as often as you want to!!!

My best friend and I (the one who I'm arguing with over my other friend) are going away for the three-day weekend and I want to have a couple of smoke-free days behind me before we go. I know it will be a huge hassle to smoke there, so if I can make it that far I should be golden.