View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Noolan

H&N- Crazy! Yeah, I've been looking for ways to fill my time and I'm not sure I want to go full blown masters degree quite yet, so I decided on a graduate certificate. It's 4 classes and I feel it's a great way to get my toes wet and see if my brain still works

Rachelle- Keep it up!

Day 73.

Pretty good weekend all around. I went out with a friend on Friday and had dinner, which we followed with a cigar and a walk downtown. I had a bit of an anxiety attack, though. I think it might have been a product of still only being 8 days off of the meds. I remained calm and just came home and took a valerian root to calm me down. I think the anxiety was rooted in the fact I felt kind of out of place downtown just strolling through a park. It would have been a great setting on a date, but it felt strange with just a friend. It was also quite muggy, so blah.

Yesterday, I did a similar dinner and cigar with a friend. The cigar we had was at a bar, however. I'm more than comfortable in that setting for a bit. Obviously, it's not somewhere I plan to spend large chunks of my free time, but it's nice to be in a socialize from time to time.

The lack of socialization and entering new social setting sober is still something I need to work on. An inability to drive and a poor public transportation system has stunted by grow a bit. Good news is, I will have my license back in 32 days. From there, I think I am going to try out the SMART recovery meetings here in Omaha. Also, I have a solid discount through a gym via work and with school starting, I can at least go to coffee shops to study.

That's all for now.