View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
schnappi99

Nice! I think its wonderful to be off the antidepressants but it does sound like you're being mindful of the potentials.

Isn't it funny how all the old bad behaviors are so easily triggered? All the healing and spade work to learn and grow seems to fly out the window in a moment and the bad old stuff just explodes out. I think of that kind of thing as a codie relapse... if so there must be slips (which I recognizably have too). I guess the recovering codie picks up the pieces right away, does the 10-th stepping and moves on.

Good work w/ the meditation.. you know theres the old joke that meditation doesn't count if they catch you snoring lolz...

Wondering about the future of the marriage is a big crazy-train trigger for me; so hard to redirect the mind once its starts in on that topic. My sponsor has me journalling thoughts etc.. I was just writing about it last night. The question of the future of a marriage seems very much applicable to the steps 1-3.. my problem is leaving it with the higher power.. my codie brain will keep trying to mind RAW and how "if she would only.. blah blah"- I guess in part I've made a big habit of it for so long it will take some time and effort to retrain, and I guess the old habits will always be a trap.