Thread: Breaking down
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

Originally Posted by closetcodie View Post
I called the local mental health clinic today for an appointment, but the soonest opening they have is 3 weeks out. I feel sick today from anxiety. I know my AH and I know how insane and delusional he gets. The last call from him has me terrified. I have been told he is playing the victim card hard right now, saying that I harassed him to the point of breaking down. He doesn't care about our kids, so I can see him trying to do something to come after me right now. He called the police about 2 weeks ago and made up some unbelievable story about me. When the officer showed up the kids and I were home, where we had been for hours. I don't know the whole story that he gave him and I don't know if any report was filled out by AH. At the time, the officer was very nice and I assumed he realized AH was full of crap. Now it has me so worried.
Sounds like his legal and mental health issues are well documented at this point. I doubt he has as much power as he thinks he does. Also if he keeps it up, he can be charged with filing a false report.
When I made my first counseling appointment I also had a wait of several weeks, but I felt I needed help much sooner. That was when I started going to Alanon meetings, which had an enormously positive impact on my state of mind.