View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
colagirl
getting there

Oh yeah, that's downtown. I stayed at the Hilton Netherlands or something like that. It's a really cute old hotel with a cool bar that I know you will NOT visit. I was still drinking when I went there so I know it well. I'm not sure how expensive the hotel was since I went for work and they paid.

How about coming to Portland for a vacation sometime, nands?? hint, hint

I totally know what you mean about dying of something that isn't your fault. I can't explain why exactly, but it makes total sense to me.

I also sometimes still want to drink and not think for 8 hours, it actually sounds lovely, but I've trained myself to think about not just the next day but all the days after, doing the dance of will I or won't I drink tonight, and getting myself right back into the same mess I was in before that I desperately wanted out of. I can take the consequence of one bad hangover, but the rest is too much for me to handle so I focus on that.

I was super emotional today and came home early from work. I actually got a lot done at home so it worked out really well, but I need to work on not letting other people's problems affect me so deeply. It's hard to be a sensitive person because you feel everything for the people you love, and it sucks when you can't save them from themselves. I've accepted that I can't, but it is still hard.