View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
meggem

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Hi Everyone, and thank you for your support

Well today I did the next right thing to do. I am tired of emails from the ex, and emails from the pension evaluators, so I called the pension evaluators.

Talked to a very nice young man, the senior pension evaluator. He told me that my ex was concerned about the money he should have been receiving from my pension for 4 years, and that he wanted to recoup that, because he feels that he should have filed for this when we were divorced.

I told this nice young man to look at the part of the divorce decree about alimony. Which states that once he receives his portion of my civil service check, he more or less would have to return it to me in additional alimony payments. That the alimony was based on my full pension amount, not my pension minus his pro rata share.

So this nice young man told me that when people come in to have their pensions evaluated that they only look at that part of the divorce decree, not the alimony part. My ex had gone in there complaining that he should have been receiving money from my pension, and that he wanted to recoup his loss.

So nice young man looked at that part about the alimony and he agreed with me. I was also told that because of all the problems with this pension division that it will cost more then the original amount. I agreed, and told him to send that bill to my ex, because he caused the problem. He said of course I will, you shouldn't be held responsible for this.

Now I could have gone and forth with nasty emails, but I did the next right thing, and now have the pension evaluators working for me, and they also know what they are dealing with when dealing with him.
Awesome!!!