View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
21reeves

Lulu, I agree with the other ladies. That's one of the things I love about kids under 2....there's is no disciplining...it's all about redirection, love, and meeting needs. That doesn't mean they get to do whatever they want, however, finding the route of the issue or "changing" the subject to get the behavior you want works way better than punishment, IMO. Perhaps your husband feels like he can't fix the issue or that there should be a direct solution. I can imagine that he could be frustrated and just putting your baby back in the crib as his only solution right now. I think that parenting is super hard, but it's really super hard when mom and dad have different ways of handling a situation. Could you have this conversation in general terms at a time when it's not happening. You both would be more receptive to coming up with an action plan. I thought about the book The 5 Love Languages when I was reading your post. I haven't read the book yet, however, I listened to the author on a radio show. The concept sounds brilliant to me, and could help any marriage.

BeBetter, That sounds horrible. Do you think there was something in the tea or was it all the caffeine? I once took Miralax (DR recommended) and I had an awful reaction. I had waves of horrible chest pains, like a gall bladder attack if you've ever had that. I was stretched out on the bed (naked) and groaning/wiggling in pain for hours. I truly thought I would die. Your post reminded me of that. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, toss those leaves in the trash.

Dolly, I know exactly what you mean by hoping other would order wine so I could. It does feel nice to be free of that.

I'm doing well...63 days. I don't think about drinking so much these days. However, I still struggle with social events. We are making plans to go to dinner with some friends and my first thought is always how the wine thing will feel. I also can't imagine cruising
without alcohol. That vacation isn't until summer of 2016 so I have plenty of time to get "normal". I read about people who are sober a long while and they get true enjoyment from life...I hope that is true.