View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
SoberLife2014

Bebetter, Yikes! Yeah, I'd say stay away from that chai! I'm glad you're feeling better. That must have been a really scary experience.

I hope everyone is doing well. It seems like it has been so quiet on here lately.

Everything is going fine here. I haven't been going on my morning walks lately because it's so hot, plus my foot has been hurting a lot. It makes me sad because that was my "zen" moment. Baby was quiet and I was able to reflect on a lot of things. I can't wait until it starts cooling down a little. Hubby and I had a bit of a disagreement today, and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to respond to it. Baby woke up from his afternoon nap and was fussy. He has been doing that off and on for the past couple of weeks. I just chalked it up to a little baby tantrum as a result of who knows what. The way I was dealing with it was to first try to meet his needs and if he was still upset after eating/ diaper change/ cup of milk/ etc. I'd just speak to him quietly and try to get his mind off of it. Well, today hubby got him out of his crib and he also tried to meet his needs but when he was still fussy his solution was to put him back in his crib. He said that baby needs to learn that if he's still going to cry he's going to have to go back to his crib. I didn't say anything, I just took baby and told him I'd try to see if I could get him to eat something and then I'd take him for a drive. Hubby didn't like that idea. He mentioned something about how baby will never learn. We've had a similar disagreement like this in the past and the result was very very very ugly. HUGE fight. On retrospect I think I was a little disrespectful toward him because I more or less told him I was right and he was wrong. I'm starting to realize that 1) my hubby may indeed be a sheep in wolf's clothing and 2) I'm afraid of him and as a result I often try desperately to avoid conflict so I don't always communicate well with him and 3) sometimes I'm ignorantly insensitive to his feelings and inadvertently put him down. So... I'm just not sure how to deal with this conflict. In my opinion, putting baby back in his crib as a punishment would backfire because then he'd hate his crib even more than he already does, plus I don't think he's old enough to understand that he's being punished for crying by being put back in his crib AND I don't think that his crying should even BE punished. He can't even make his needs known yet. He hasn't learned how to talk. I don't think he's throwing a fit just to **** mom and dad off. I think there's something he needs and/ or he doesn't know how to control his emotions yet. What do you all think? Any suggestions? I see this issue coming up in the future and I don't want it to end in another fight. I think he's an excellent father, but I don't think this particular idea is going to work out very well.