View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
SoberLife2014

Hi ladies,

Babs- That person on Facebook sounds like she has a lot of issues going on. Who knows why she felt the need to say something bad about your friend. Maybe she was jealous? Whatever the case may be I wouldn't take anything she said personally. By letting her get to you you're only giving her power. I know, it's easier said than done, but harboring resentments will only harm you. I hope the sage thing worked. I might have to try it out sometime.

21reeves- Those sound like great books to read. I really need to check out that "A love story" book. I keep hearing about it. A vacation sounds wonderful too. Let us know what you decide!

As for me, I had a pretty good weekend here. I've been trying really hard to work on not taking personally and being more patient. I try to remember that no one can judge me and I can't judge anyone else because only we know our stories. So, I really can't take ANYTHING personally. The patience thing is very challenging. I mean, I didn't lose my temper very often before but I would definitely say some negative things when I was upset. Lately I've tried to just not say anything until I've thought about it first... and sometimes it takes a while. Sometimes I'm so mad I feel like I'm going to implode if I don't release that anger somehow. I never had any idea how mad I get lol. For example, we gave our pack n play to the babysitter so I didn't have anywhere safe to put the baby when I needed to do something. I told my husband that I wanted to buy either 1) a new pack n play or 2) a baby gate to keep the baby wrangled in one spot. Well, my husband, being the engineer/ money saver that he is decided that he was going to BUILD a baby gate. End of story. Soooo... after spending the same amount of money on supplies that we would have spent on a baby gate, several hours of labor (and cussing) on his part, and a huge mess in the front room, I'm left with a baby gate made out of PVC pipe with some fabric adhered with duct tape. Plus, dinner was late because it was his night to make it and he didn't help at all with the baby. A good part of the day I was pretty pissed off because I knew this exact thing would happen. BUT I'm glad I didn't say anything because after thinking about it I see that he was trying to make something for me and my convenience. Plus, he loves to have projects, AND he let me pick out the fabric. I had to stop and change my thinking a little and I was able to prevent an argument. At the end of the day I still got what I wanted out of the deal which is a place to put the baby if need be and he got to do a project. I'm still a little mad that he wouldn't let me have any say in the whole deal but maybe I didn't communicate my needs enough? Either way, what's done is done and when he was finished he did say he regretted not just buying a baby gate lol. Maybe he'll learn a lesson...

So that's where I'm at today. I think it'll take practice, but I think in the long run it'll be a good thing for me and my family. My husband has already mentioned that he has noticed some good changes in me lately, and I feel better too.