View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
21reeves

Babs, I'm so sorry about your "friends" behavior. I have great difficulty shaking that kind of thing. I tend to sit with it and hyper-focus on the bad feeling. I hope you can let it go...burning sage is a great idea to rid yourself of the negative energy.

I just started reading the book Drinking to Distraction which seems to tell my story so far. In the beginning, the author describes the feeling of the first glass of wine...the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes in the beginning of an evening of drinking. I know the point is to tell her story and (I think) help others who may relate to the issue. However, her description of drinking made me want to jump on board with a bottle of wine too I'm sure that will change the further I get into the book.

I finished the book Wine: A Love Story- which was good but I was disappointed in the end. She seems to go from slobbering drunk to sober in a flash. It seemed super easy for her (which maybe it was) and then the book was done.

I'm also reading Mommy Doesn't Drink Here Anymore. That one hasn't captured my interest as much so far. Hopefully, it will get better.

It's funny, I love books and I'm often asked by family and friends what books have I read lately. Recently, I've chosen to say nothing much. It's hard not to talk about books when you love them. Any recommendations from you all?

Oh, we are planning a family vacation for next summer. Something bigger than normal...a cruise or tropical location. As I started to plan yesterday, it was hard not to focus on a vacation like this with no alcohol. Hopefully, a year from now it won't feel so painful. Any suggestions on places to vacation?

Have a great Saturday.