View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Ananda

I'm sorry it hasn't been a "good health" time for you Dee!

I'm pretty much beyond really thinking that a "non response" from you means you don't care We all have a lot to deal with and we can't always be like "right now"

OK ... that said ... I just spent an hour helping an employee in Hawaii work through a stupid situation where she got an email that she was getting cut off from her email for the university today (sent at 4:30 pm today) .... it was a "form email" and incorrect. She was freaking about if she needed to back up all her email before midnight!

I don't know. I had counseling today and felt I made some progress on trying to set some boundaries so I don't end up so angry .... but I just don't know how I feel about this. When someone has a big thing come up ... do you just not help them and say not my problem? This is the sort of stuff I have to figure out how to deal with. I do know that I'm going to be careful to not just leave people out there hanging and freaking cause of work bureaucracy. Yet I need to stop doing so much ...

One technic I'm going to try is setting up a "public calendar" for work and block out time for tasks I need to do and then tell the professors and students that they need to schedule appointments instead of just "dropping by" for immediate answers... seems like a thing to try for a month to try and change how things are going....

I stood up to Sears on a delivery schedule for my new washer .... I was way too angry, but I think it's about making some mistakes as I learn to set some boundaries. Don't call me at 8pm on Thursday and tell me you are going to deliver between 8 and 10 am on Friday! I told them that they needed to schedule an afternoon delivery and that I can't just take off work on short notice. They were not cooperative so I told them to cancel the delivery and I will go to Sears in person and talk to the sales person and tell them to either schedule an afternoon delivery next MON/TUE/Wed or cancel the sale, refund my money and I'll go somewhere else!

Mom keeps saying I have to stop being so angry, but I think I need to learn to take a firm stand. I honestly think I'm just too "cooperative" and bit my tounge too much

I actually feel a bit better about things despite being "not as nice as I should be".

Dee ... take care of yourself (hug) we will survive and look forward to hearing from you when you are feeling a bit better (hug)

OK ... I'll post soon (hug)

Nands