View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
desypete

do you honestly expect to have a handle on a new way of living life after just 2 weeks ?

it takes 1 year to sober up
2 years to dry up, and the rest of your lives to grow up

it takes time for people to start to see themselves and lose there old habbits
taking other peoples inventories for them is easy for anyone to do hence we have to stop doing it and learn how to look at us and our own way

i know plenty of relationships sadly end when there drinking partner starts to sober up its hard to live with a newly sober person who now doesnt have the drink, there mood swings are huge and come about often as they have not yet found peace or balence in there lives
thats why we say keep coming back as it takes a long time for pennys to drop and for us to learn and practice new ways

i only wish i could go to aa for a meeting or 2 and i am now a totaly different guy lol 10 years on i am still working hard on me but its got a hell of a lot easier than it was 10 years ago

try and find a good sponsor who is a guide as i found my sponsor understood me better than i understood me

today i understand me a lot more than i ever did. but it takes time and a lot of practice and a lot of having bad days where i get it all wrong except for the most important part, i dont pick up that first drink