View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Thanks everyone.
For me, just posting my anger and frustration helps bring me back to earth just a bit.

Hammer. I remember that thread. Not our best exchange and I didn't keep with it at the time. Going back and reading it today, it does remind me of something another person at alanon told me regarding sponsors. I should be looking for someone with about 5 -10 years on me so they can help me see around the corner.
I don't know where you're at right now, but I hope things are well.

Redatlanta,
I think I'm doing a step study. I have the books and I read them.
I'm in several groups. 2 of them focus on the steps with supportive reading and shared discussion. It's a great group but it's not a beginner group. I think they were talking about Step 9 the first time I went. I could relate but was I ready to amend? Hell no.
That said, I learned something about it but I'm no where near that one yet.
I'm still very new to alanon but I'm going and I'm keeping an open mind and doing my best to practice what I learn and work it. Setting boundaries have always been very hard for me. I try to set boundaries that I can control and admittedly, they need more work.

Thumper,
I appreciate your words and strength to post in something with triggers. I like your take on drawing tolerable lines for detachment and personal recovery.