View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mum22cuties

AH husband being sick

AH recently had back surgery and has been out of work for almost 2 months. It will be another 4 -6 months before he can be released to go back to work. Before he had his surgery I found a ton of empty whiskey bottles stashed under the bed. I did not say anything to him about it as I found these 3 days before his surgery.

The surgery was 2 weeks ago and I am now worried about him abusing his pain medication. We got in a fight over his pain killer use on Friday (as in he had taken 35 pills in 48 hours) and he claims that he did not take them all (but yet cannot produce the pills). I told him I was going to call the doctor and tell him what is going on (he does have a history of pain prescription abuse in the past). (is this a codie thing or should I mind my own business?) This of course lead me to bring up finding the bottles. I told him I really was tired of the constant lying and I could not trust a word that came out of his mouth (all this time he has allowed he has been drinking beer only) and that if he could not tell the truth then to not speak to me at all. I also let him know that I was not living my life living with someone that was not honest and that I could not trust and I had just about reached my breaking point. His only response in this that " I am really selfish".

And for some strange reason I feel guilty in all of this like I should not brought it up because he is sick. I honestly have no idea how I am going to make it through the next few months. It is not like we can seperate now as he cannot work to support himself but I really cannot take another one of his lies. We have not spoken much since that conversation but why do I feel like I am the bad guy here?? I am trying to not focus on this but I am really struggling. Was I wrong to bring up the finding the bottles?