View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 08/11/14

When I feel I just can’t face the world and want nothing more than to bury my head under the covers and hide, I know I need an Al-Anon meeting! I may have to push myself out the door, but I always feel better— and saner—when I break the isolation and reach out for help. I usually feel relief the minute I walk into an Al‑Anon room, even if it’s a meeting I’ve never attended before. I find a healing, comforting Power in
these rooms, a Power greater than myself. And because my Higher Power speaks through other people, I often hear exactly what I need. We all go through periods of sadness, lethargy, and grief—that’s part of life. But depression can become a habit that perpetuates itself, unless I intercede by acting on my own behalf. Al-Anon cannot solve every problem, and if depression lingers, I may want to consider seeking professional help. But more often than not, what I need to do is bring my body to an Al-Anon meeting. I know that no matter how I feel, when I take an action to get some help, I make myself available to the Higher Power in these rooms.

Today’s Reminder
When in doubt, I will go to an Al-Anon meeting and invite my Higher Power to do for me what I cannot do for myself.
“There are times when I have to hurt through a situation and when this happens, the choice is not whether to hurt or not to hurt, but what to do while I am hurting.”
. . . In All Our Affairs