View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Noolan

JL- I switched from Lexapro(SSRI) to Pristiq(SSNRI) and had absolutely no noticeable withdrawals, "zaps", or side effects. Lexapro was the wrong drug for me, though. While I wasn't depressed, I was absolutely numb and apathetic. Also, when I did have a few relapses on lexapro, it pushed me to lows I had never been to depression wise and made me imbalanced emotionally like a crazy person.

So, I hope the switch isn't dramatic for you. Also, it seems with anti-depressants, Lexapro works wonders for some, and not for others, so don't be put off if that's what you're switching too.

Day 57.

Had a pretty relaxed, but productive day at work. Then had a nice meal with an old friend, his fiance, and their child. He's a good friend, so I told him everything. While telling him the story, it made me realize how easy it is to talk about my sobriety in a place like SR, but how different it talking to even good friends about it.

It's hard and slightly embarrassing explaining it only 8 weeks removed. I know with time, it will get easier, especially with increased days behind me and more confidence in myself and this new life, but boy was last night an example of awkward growing pains. Once that story was over though, they were nothing but supportive. We had a nice meal, talked about old times, current events, joked, etc. Happy to be here another day sober.

Stay. Strong.