View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
chicory

oh, gosh, so many wonderful , encouraging comments! I appreciate them all!
Thank you for letting me know that what I am feeling is normal, and not a sign of giving up.. just how it feels I guess, to do something I have never done.

I did speak to the lady from developemental disabilities. and that is a source for those who were pretty much diagnosed by age 18 as disabled.. mental retardation, but she said she did not want to use that word, but I understood what she was saying. She told me to contact the Board of Mental Health, in my town. She said that maybe he could get into counselling and even have a sort of sponsor, who would check with him ? Not that he is going to like the idea, but who knows? we will see. I have their number and will try to call from work tomorrow. maybe set an appt, and tell him he has to go

I am going to try to learn how to stay in the moment.. i like that idea. I need to learn how to not let this get me down. You all are helping there.. so so much.

I will re read everything, again, tonight. just got home from my late night at work, and am going to get a big bowl of ice cream.

thanks for making me feel like I am growing. I really need to do a lot of changing.