View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

chicory...please don't decide on failure while you are still in the middle of the river.
After all, if you can't picture success in this...how is he expected to? Negative thinking can be "catching".

I have seen the most seriously challenged individuals who have achieved an independent living---at least, living away from the parental home. It IS possible.
Even if he ended up living in a special group home.....that doesn't mean that he would be unhappy...actually, quite the opposite.
Believe me, he doesn't like living with you, either. Even if he doesn't say it directly--all kids resent being dependent under the parent's wing (even when they are availing themselves of the "perks"). That is a basic reason that teens turn so nasty--it is preparation for the flight away from the parental nest (eventually).

CHICORY...I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS AND I KNOW HOW HIS DEFENSIVE "STONEWALLING" CAN JUST MAKE YOUR BLOOD BOIL WITH ANGE AND FRUSTRATION. tHIS IS WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO KEEP HIM OUT OF YOUR HEAD SPACE...as much as humanly possible.
It is sort of like waiting for Christmas...the closer it gets; the longer it seems.
In reality, you have m ore power than him....you just have to remember this.

Things ARE going to change...because you have n ow deemed it so.

dandylion