View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Thank you for posting this. I missed the opportunity to say goodbye to my alcoholic bio father. He did not raise me either. When I was in my 20's I tried to have a relationship with him. But his alcoholism got in the way. He began calling me up for money. I sent him some a few times, but my husband became angry and told me to stop supporting his addiction. My husband also, forbid his children to visit with him. So I realized that a relationship with him wasn't possible. After several months NC he died....alone in his trailer. My half brothers and sisters cleaned it out...and made the funeral arrangements. I did not attend the funeral as it was cross country. I have to tell you that I have regrets about this. I wish I had kept in contact with him. It wouldn't have been that bad to keep in contact via phone or e-email. There are things I wished I could have said to him....before he died. I'm so glad that you are taking this opportunity to say good bye to him and to come to terms with it.....to forgive and let go. I needed to do this also....but I did it alone without him. I truely believe he's in a better place now...he was a PTSD sufferer from being in Vietnam.
Somehow I feel not so alone....thank you.