View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Going to AA every day doesn't make a person sober any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. I met a man once who had faithfully attended AA for decades but never got sober. He fell into the Christmas tree at a meeting once because he was so drunk he couldn't stand up. Recovery comes when he WANTS TO CHANGE. Which, demonstrated by his actions and hid treatment of you, he doesn't want. Hr keeps reeling you back in, but you're a willing.participant. Every time you post, we remind you that xyz isn't healthy, what he's doing isn't part of the program, he's dry drunking it, it's abusive, whatever. And then you start backpedaling saying that you knew all that already and laughing at yourself. You take him seriously every single time. You shouldn't be laughing at yourself for these things. You're throwing yourself under the bus time and time again, and it appears that you enjoy it. That's the sad part. I worry so much for you and your son, but I know I need to stop. This is the life you clearly want, as evidence by your posts over the past two years. And that's so sad, but it's your choice.