View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
colagirl
getting there

Glad to hear you are progressing nands, just take it easy this weekend and don't try to do too much. Your laundry will always be there.

My mom got diagnosed over 10 years ago and continued to smoke. Then she went on 24/7 oxygen... and continued to smoke. She only stopped three months ago because she couldn't draw a breath to light the cigarette. I say all this as I just put out my fourth or fifth one this morning. (I am so proud of you Dee for getting your own smiley)

My best friend from college and her husband and daughter (who is my goddaughter) are driving down from Seattle today to stay overnight with me and see my mom. They will be here early afternoon so I am frantically cleaning the house. I am so excited to see them, and we are planning to have my niece over tomorrow morning so the two little ones can meet. Very excited about that, but my niece's mom is a piece of work so I'm hoping nothing goes awry.

I got some slightly positive news last night - the doctors are considering taking my mom off of palliative care because they are not sure she is "end of life" anymore with all of her improvements. They are going to give it a little more time, though.

I will check in as I have time. Have a good weekend everyone!