View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
samseb5351

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
No worries. My experience cannot be changed. Contempt prior to investigation does irritate me, but probably because it reminds me of my prior self. I look forward to reading your story.
The question I will ask then that maybe relevant to our discussion? Can the meaning behind your experience change? Are there other possibilities other than "unknown natural" causes? For example can the experience be better explained by brain chemistry and neuroscience? When you contemplate the experience what emotions are at play, would I be right if I said it was an experience where you kind of feel a low level connectedness, or perhaps even a feeling like a background very subtle vibration?

Sometimes in my life the most REAL I have ever felt is in the middle of these experiences, and while they are happening you can feel really awake almost hyper awake, everything can look connected and patterns appear, you notice things that previously escaped your gaze, there can even be moments where strange things happen that look like the universe is gifting you something or weird coincidences seem to happen or even prayers get answered.
These could be messages from an unknown source but they also could be psychological states with scientific explanations, like cognitive dissonance theory, remembering the hits and forgetting the misses or even evolutionary processes of a adapting human brain. I think by being awake, mindful and aware that life can be rich and robust and I try to practice that and recognize the emotional highs and lows that go along with that, but they are impermanent, they come and go.

I to get irritated by contempt prior to investigation, But what does that investigation entail??
Do we end up really contemplating opposing views or do we end up reading only things that affirm our beliefs? Do you think its possible our spiritual experiences and the feelings that go along with them are overriding our rational brains, that reality gets trumped by our need to feel good?