View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
samseb5351

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
samseb5351, I found the title of the video, "Quantum Entanglement Explained" to imply an extraordinary claim. I was initially quite excited at the prospect of watching the video. Then I thought, if that were true, the media would already have had a field day with the news (sorry for the pun). There would be headlines like "Scientists explain what Einstein could not!" or "Ghost buster physicists explain spooky action at a distance". Sure enough, seeing the video confirms that it doesn't even come close to providing an explanation of quantum entanglement. The phrase "not even wrong" comes to mind. I think it's good to be a skeptic. It allows new and possibly disturbing information to be considered. Being a skeptic by nature leads me to ask myself where the "God of the gaps claim" was introduced into this discussion. Was it you? I'm tempted to suggest you take a look at Bell's theorem for more about connectedness, but I'm afraid you might reject it by claiming he is not a "real" scientist.
Maybe I have made some assumptions here of your motives, and at this point it would only be fair to ask a few questions. I would prefer if we can keep it civil. You mentioned that you have a interest in quantum physics, what is it about that that interests you? Is it a fascination and if so what is driving that? What have you discovered about the topics you have mentioned that aligns with your world view?

The things with god of the gaps is fairly simple, let me explain. Knowledge gaps or scientific mysteries get filled by spiritual claims.