View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JustSarah

Hi ladies,

Well I had the mother of all fall outs with the hubby last night, it sounds ridiculous and a total couples thing to fall out over but he's been obsessed with completing the Rubix cube, it's up there with being able to name the fifty states of America (which we can both do but is hilarious as neither of us are from there - anyways, I digress) so his latest thing is learning to do the rubix cube and he has spent hours pouring over algorithms on the internet and has now done it - yay him. I may have brought up the fact that if he spent as long figuring out my 'workings' as he did the rubix then maybe I'd be a whole lot happier. Not to mention your point (which I really liked Babbs) I do things for him cause I love him and same goes for the kids but it's all one sided at the moment and no-one does anything for me, highlighted with the fact that the last time we hugged was when I dropped him at the airport a week ago...until this morning that was. Anyways, he doesn't take criticism lightly, so he stormed off to bed after hearing enough so I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 1am and came to bed. Anyways, this morning I think he'd had time to digest and was lovely, and since he's gone back on his travels, we've talked loads and he's booked holiday to spend time with us and has got me a maid (South african term I guess) to come in once a week to deep clean this place and do my ironing. I feel like a load has lightened already, I know we need the bad times to appreciate the good, but man this move has taken it's toll. I love capetown and don't want to go back to the uk for a minute but I miss the support of my friends and family and with hubby not being present mentally or physically I think we needed this bust-up to get us back on track. I have given up my career to do this and am trying to change so much about me, drinking, and as of today smoking, I'm cool with it all as long as he can try to understand where I'm at.

Anyways, enough of me - Lucy, I am a people pleaser by nature and have had to really find a back bone to say if I do or do not want to do something, especially when it comes to family, so good for you for pleasing yourself and your kids. As you say you only live once. Also if people won't alter their plans for you, then why should you alter your plans for them - you sound good right now and I'm glad the kids loved it too

How are you getting on chickster? And welcome back sunny!

Helloooo to everyone else and catch you all soon cxxxxxxx