View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Scottydog

Noolan- I too really liked your post. I've heard that definition of insanity many times but never thought about it in terms of drinking. You are right. Everytime I gave in to drinking after a sober spell I expect it would be different. That I could control my consumption and limit my drinks to weekends, or just Friday night, or maybe just beer and wine, no hard stuff. Each and every time, I was wrong. Maybe I would last a week or two and it was back to the same where I'm drinking every day. This is when my guilt and depression would kick in and I would promise to quit. A vicious cycle. This time I'm determined to make it stick.

Walk- welcome to the June group.
Kitty- nice to hear from you.
H&N- I've been there, but not with Nyquil. With Benadryl or some other OTC sleep aid. This has been a hard part for me because drinking always knocked me out every evening. Although, it was probably not good REM sleep. I've been turning off the TV an hour earlier and reading. This seems to help. My best nights are the weekends because I can stay up until I'm tired knowing I don't have to get to work the next day. I have to admit, I need to watch the coffee consumption. It has grown since I went sober, if I overdue it and drink into the afternoon, it will definately keep me up.

Everyone have a great sober day, lets finish the week strong.

Scottydog