View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Truckin'

To quote a Lyric of Stan Ridgway from 'Wall Of Voo Doo': 'I feel better than James Brown'!

Been fn with my new Truck, and prepping to move f/t to the W. Slope of Colorado and our Retirement Joint. A slight diversion called 'Life' rudely interrupted. This F-150 Truck was one of 5,675 knocked in May/June to have a faulty Steering Box Gear. I was supposed to have it towed in, the failure could have been so catastrophic. I found this out 'accidentally' after I drove to the Dealer/Service Dept. on a whole other topic and they ran the Truck VIN. Dunno when they were gonna tell Customers. Now, newly repaired and Aligned, I can get on with ensuring my Trailers tow OK, and the Electric Brakes work. Nice to have when going up/over Vail Pass at 10,400' with 3k or 4k lbs. of our Household Guano in tow on my Utility Trailer.

Ford makes a great Truck, so no worries here. They caught the problem fast, but lagged on the Public Service part. Good fun driving around, checking out the Fog/Headlights while not sweating getting pulled over with a buzz on. Ah, the simple pleasures in Life...

I've been lurking, following the heady Philosophic musings here, but had nothing insightful to post until I read LBrain's Post re: 'Successive Approximation'.

Nice to read/see all these active, innately-inquisitive Minds Thinkin' Large in here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Truck.jpg (60.0 KB, 81 views)