View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bebetter

Lulu - There has been research done that shows that we only have so much willpower in a day, and if we use it up, it's gone for when we might need it. It's very possible that all your changes are too much right now, but it doesn't mean you have to stop completely. Maybe just stop wearing one bit of makeup. Like blush, or eyeliner, or maybe keep doing your color and just stop with the foundation. Or just try to change your frame of mind on one aspect of your life. Right now, I'm trying this thing where I remind myself to smile while doing whatever I'm doing (grocery shopping, mowing the lawn), and it's amazing how my mental state shifts to happier thoughts when I'm smiling, even though the smile is forced to start. I automatically start seeing things in a better light, and the enjoyable aspects of life come to the surface, rather than the drudgery. I only remember to do it like once or twice a day, but it helps!

Lady - I forgot to answer your question from like, last week. We live in the Nazareth school district, which is a fantastic district to be in, and she's in the best (read: wealthiest) elementary school in the district (just by luck - we are not remotely wealthy ourselves, but there is a lot of $ around us). What district are you in?

Just got back from an overnight vacay during which I ate like a pig, ending with a giant ice cream sundae just before typing this. Sugar is so freaking addicting, I just gave up the rest of the day and figure I'll start eating normally tomorrow. I'm heading to bed after a not so restful sleep in the hotel last night, and hope to wake up to kids in a good mood. I had a dream last night that I was drinking white wine, and I was totally conflicted about it - feeling guilty, but not stopping. And then, in my dream, I did all sorts of awful things I would never do sober, and felt all the guilt and worry over getting caught. I swear, our minds do a ton of work while we sleep. I feel like my brain is rewiring against alcohol, reminding me (with this fairly squeamish dream) why I don't drink anymore.