View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
awuh1
Sober Alcoholic

Yup, the unexplained is not evidence in itself. I never had the need for comfort which is ascribed to some people who do not have a strictly materialistic standpoint. I just wanted to know the truth. That's what made me feel good lol. Giving up my old beliefs, which involved a strictly mechanistic understanding of how things operate, was very uncomfortable for me. I had an enormous amount of confirmation bias to overcome in order to reach my current views.

As for non-locality being non-secular. I'm starting from a Webster's definition of secular which states, "of or relating to the worldly or temporal". Temporal of course meaning in relation to time. 'Spooky action at a distance' is a phenomenon that takes place outside of spacetime (or, beyond both space and time). The change in one entangled particle effects another entangled particle instantly, regardless of the distance between them. This is proof of a dimension outside of space and time (as difficult as that may be to imagine).

Your right freshstart. Having a Newtonian understanding of how gravity works is just fine for how most people live their lives. In the same vain, people did not seem to be too adversely effected by believing that the earth was flat. Nevertheless, we seem to have made some progress since we gave up that idea.