View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
samseb5351

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
One of my favorite writers is Thomas Kuhn. He wrote "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions". He explains how paradigms, or models of the way the world works, are subject to change. He talks about the process involved in scientists changing their minds. It's sort of a classic. Arthur eventually discarded for a new and previously ridiculed idea summed it up nicely long before Kuhn. He said, "Every truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is opposed. Third it is regarded as self evident. I would add a fourth. It is eventually discarded for a new and previously ridiculed idea. I'm currently engrossed in physics (which is far afield from my more formal training). I love it.
Thanks for that. Did you find or have you found the same process working in your own recovery or life. Especially your fourth point "eventually discarded for a new and previously ridiculed idea" I like that point because it takes what looks like a set linear process and makes it more dynamic process.

Your physics interest sounds great, are you formally studying or is it more a hobby at this point? Are you getting into Quantum Stuff and do you have any writers or scientists in mind that are accessible to read.