View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Noolan

Michaels- No need for an apology; I don't think you said anything wrong and this is a place we should talk about anything and everything.

Northern Girl- Welcome! I joined late too, so there's no initiation or late fee

Hereandnow- I often share those thoughts of what happens after x amount of time. I've reached the conclusion the risk of drinking again isnt worth drinking. That said, my AV challenges that statement everyday.

Day 43 also happens to be my birthday. I'm blessed to have this much sobriety, but struggled hard yesterday. I think my caffeine intake has reached excessive levels and caused me to be quite irritable yesterday. So I'm planning to ween myself down to a more manageable level.

Anyways today is full of a lunch with my father and then dinner with my mother. I'm blessed to have an amazing family and need to continue to remind myself that the good in my life was never a product of my drinking. I still have the urge to want a celebratory drink on days like today. Life is about enjoying these moments, but for me a drink isn't an option. The risk or the trigger it can flip in my brain leads to excess and takes away any control I have of my life. So if that's the price I pay to enjoy every other great thing life has to offer, that's a fair trade. Be well everyone.