View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
chicory

Daughter sent son an email. nice and encouraging. she can't talk to him on phone, without meltdowns like mine.

He had an interview today, and may have the job. just grocery, deli/bakery, but he seems happier.

I asked him if the therapist called, he said he had missed her call again. She is like mine-can only call in between patients. five till the hour. I asked him if he would call her, and he said yes he would. A bit later he told me that he has an appt the 11th of August.

I will have a plan to discuss with him, about saving money, and paying part of the bills. It will be a no choice thing again. but it will be easier to stick with it for me, this time.

I know that there is no guarantee that he will get better, but I am a bit hopeful, for some reason. I think he really wants to have hope for his life and future.

I was thinking the other day.. about a's and alcoholics who hit bottom. what is it that they want at that point? what do they get from AA, when they are at their lowest point?

Hope. that is a powerful thing, isn't it- hope. it allows one to dream, to rise out of the dirt, to clean ones self off and believe that they might feel glad to be alive, again.
I was doing some thinking about AA, and how amazing it has been in helping those who had no hope before AA came along.

hugs!