View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
mirage

Something else. It's been bothering me since it happened and I think I'd feel better if I threw it out to you guys and got your feedback on it:

So a few weeks ago, I'm out in Utah with the family, staying the night with my college roomy. She offered D a beer and he did a 'nah, that's alright, thanks'. She asked him if he didn't drink anymore, too, or something along those lines and he said that he just really doesn't much anymore cuz I don't and he feels like it's rubbing it in my face a little when he drinks in front of me. I said, all I always do, 'go ahead, it's fine!' and he then said to her, 'well, if you want company, I'll have one with you'. All good. And THEN she said, 'I don't feel bad, it's HER choice'. And that stung a little. I'd rather be the kind of person who can have that odd beer here or there, or tie one on one night, and not think about it again for a long time. But I'm not. I've proven to myself it's not how I'm wired. That's not my choice. If it were "my choice", I'd have a few beers without my AV screaming in my ear, "awww yeaaah...she's BACK!" It made me mad because it didn't feel very nice. It felt more like a "f her, it's her choice". And this is from one of my best friends, not some joe shmoe at a party or something. Just wondered what you all's thoughts were. I think I know, but I just needed to get it off my chest.